There was some confusion about whether or not we were having youth tonight because of choir and the holiday week. So we decided to cancel it and will resume next week, Nov. 29. We’ll start looking at Youth Sunday prep. If you’d like to sign up for a meal, please do so with the sign up genius link on the menu bar!
The Central Outreach and Advocacy Center needs our help!
While guests are at Central OAC to get assistance with identification, medical care, job readiness training, etc., they may miss soup kitchen meals elsewhere. Therefore, they try to provide a sack lunch, sandwich, or healthy snack for each of the guests that we see for services every day. We do not want them to be hungry while waiting for critical services.
In this season of Thanksgiving, on Sunday night (Nov. 29) the youth group is going to pitch in to this church wide effort! Please bring snacks to donate, which Molly and Michelle will collect and deliver to the OAC. Here are some of the things they’re asking for:
- granola bars
- peanut butter or cheese crackers
- fruit cups
Thank you for your support of Central OAC and our guests!
FOOD FOR SUNDAY:
Although we will not be having youth fellowship this week, we still need someone to volunteer to provide dinner for our hungry yoots! Choir has been moved to an earlier time and will conclude at 5:30, so that the youth can join the whole church for Brad Sherril’s performance at 6 pm. If you can provide a meal for Sunday at 5:30, please e-mail Molly: email@example.com
COMMUNITY EVENT THIS SATURDAY:
This is simply an FYI that this Saturday, November 14th the Center for Civil and Human Rights will be offering FREE ADMISSION for anyone who is 18 and under. Wanted to get this on your radar screen, so check out this link if you’re interested!
This week we have Second Sunday Swap! Molly will be out of town, but Michelle will be taking everybody to a corn maze for some fall fun! Here are the deets:
Camel: Hey, what day is it?
Co-worker: Ugh, not again..
Camel: What day is it?
Co-worker: Fiiine. It’s Wednesday.
Camel: HUMP DAAAAY!
Happy Hump Day everybody! Thanks to everyone who helped serve food at the Soup, Selfies & Sharing event! We had a fantastic time with John this past Sunday. This upcoming week, we’ll have regular Sunday night fellowship. We still need someone to provide a meal for this week. Please use this link to sign up!
What a wonderful weekend we had at the Pride festival! Our CPC youth sure can lead a parade! Thanks to everyone who joined in the festivities!
A couple of reminders:
- Youth Fellowship will NOT meet on October 18th so that the youth can help serve food at Soup, Selfies, & Sharing
- Sunday School this week: Middle Schoolers and Senior Highs will be together in one class.
Youth Fellowship returns on October 25th, when we’ll be having a special conversation with John Russell Stanger, LGBTQ activist and Executive Director of Parity NYC! We’ll be talking about LGBT issues and Faith. John loves working with youth, and he’s excited to spend some time with us!
We’re very excited to announce that we’ll be doing 2nd Sunday Swap again this year! On selected 2nd Sundays of the month, instead of evening fellowship, we will do activities off-site. This year, we’ll do some fun things, participate in service projects, and enjoy this great city of ours!
Our first 2nd Sunday Swap (say that 5 times fast!) will be October 11th. We will march in the PRIDE Parade! This will be a very fun time of fellowship and a great way to get out in the world and show the city what a great church Central is! Both Oakhurst and North Decatur youth groups will be marching with us too, so you’ll have a chance to meet other youth in the area!
If you want to join us, please sign up through this link so that we know who all will be there. We’ll gather in the Parlor immediately after worship on October 11th to walk as a church to the MARTA station that will take us to the staging area. Wear comfortable walking shoes and your tie-dye Pride t-shirt from last year if you have one. We’ll have some extras in the Parlor if you don’t.
This is a multi-generational event. ALL ARE WELCOME!!
Happy Monday, everybody! We have a couple announcements to bring to your attention.
- We need someone to sign up to provide a meal for Fellowship THIS SUNDAY. Sign up here! Thanks Martha and Fiona for that delicious dinner last night!
- Guatemala Recap THIS Sunday during Lunch!
- Whoops! Calendar correction: Youth Sunday is March 18th! Not March 6th.
- Youth Fellowship will not meet on October 18th so that we can join the whole church for Soup, Selfies, & Sharing in Tull Hall at 5:30!
What a fun pool party! We were enjoying ourselves so much that we went till 6:30! Be sure to thank the Lums for their hospitality next time you see them.
Here are some things coming up in the next few weeks!
- SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! Youth Fellowship begins! This week, we’ll just be getting to know each other a little bit more. Molly and the new youth advisors, Joe and Kate, will be in the hot seat. You don’t wanna miss it!
- Sunday Dinner Sign Ups. We still need someone to volunteer to provide a meal this week. Check out the Sign Up Genius under the Forms and Sign Ups tab or click this link to volunteer.
- Mission Trip Recap has been rescheduled for Sunday October 4th after church. Come to see photos and hear stories from the trip!
- A Lens Into Central: One Body. Many Gifts.
#letmetakeaselfie The Stewardship Committee would like for you to submit your “Selfies” to Quin Hicks,firstname.lastname@example.org in the church office by Oct 5
We will celebrate this stewardship season with the whole church for
Soup, Selfies & Sharing, Sunday, October 18, 5:45-7:30pm in Tull Hall. All ages welcome! Sign up at the Stewardship table in Tull Hall each Sunday or call Tammy in the church office. $5 per person/$20 per family. You just might see your very own selfie this evening! You will not want to miss it!